Looking to build a social media foundation to boost your business online? That’s a great start, but you need to make sure you’re following the right tactics to achieve your goals. This guide outlines some simple tactics that can help you achieve some important marketing goals for your local business and SEO:
Getting More Likes Or Followers On Facebook
When you start a Facebook page for your business, your first goal will be to get as many likes or followers as you can. The more followers you get, the more you can engage with your target audience. Getting followers means that people trust you and your business. Consider the following:
- Start with a Facebook ‘Like’ Campaign – Run an ad campaign on Facebook targeted to your specific audience asking them to like or follow your page. Encourage them to share your ad to help you reach more people.
- Target interest-based audiences to boost your chances of success.
- Target people who have already liked your posts before to follow your page.
- Add the ‘Like’ Facebook icon to your other channels – Make sure you add the ‘like’ Facebook icon to your website and other social channels to increase your chances of getting a like or a follow.
- End with a ‘like your page’ call to action at the end of every post – End every post with a ‘like your page’ call to action so that readers know what they need to do next.
The more followers you have on your Facebook page, the greater your chance of turning them into genuine customers for your business.
Building More Engagement With Your Target Audience
Building and sustaining engagement with your target audience isn’t as easy as it sounds because almost every other brand out there is trying to do the same. Some things can help you boost your chances of building more engagement:
- Ask questions related to your industry and get people to answer them.
- Ask people to share your content to their social pages so more people can engage with you.
- Organise a contest and get people to share with their friends to be in the running for a prize.
- Respond to comments and questions from people to demonstrate a more personalised approach to your social media marketing efforts. The more you engage, the more people will engage with you – helping your SEO efforts.
- Use appealing visual images to make posts more attractive and engaging.
- Be regular with your posts so you remain in the minds of your target audience.
- Research posts that have the most engagement and find ways to do something similar for your brand.
Building more engagement with your target audience is a sure-fire way to get them to recall your brand and products more effectively.
Generate Greater Traffic For Your Website
One of the goals of social media marketing is usually to drive more traffic towards a business website. Here are some ways to help you get started:
- Always include a link to your website from your business page – you can also add links to other web pages like the About Us section and Contact Us section on your website across different areas on your Facebook page to direct more traffic towards it.
- End your posts with a call to action that directs people to your website – make sure as many posts are directed to your website (if needed) to get people to do what you want from there. For example, buying a product, filling out a survey and more.
- Share details of your business hours and holidays and let your Facebook followers know of any changes. Include a link to your business hours page so that people can refer to it when necessary.
- Share any blog post link to Facebook so that your followers can read it on your website. Write a short caption to let them know what your blog is about.
- Make sure any new products or services are showcased on Facebook apart from your website and include a link to the page.
No matter what you intend to do from a social media marketing and SEO point of view, it’s important to take a consistent approach with a clear strategy in mind. Make sure you set goals that are relevant to your business in order to enhance your Facebook marketing performance.