If no one knows about your business, how will they buy from you? This is the problem many business owners face today. With the way people shop online or use the Internet for research, you cannot afford to be without a website or some presence on the web.
Your website can bring you heaps of leads, who you can nurture and convert into genuine customers. But how do you do that? Check out these strategies to bring in leads with a strong content plan for your website.
Find out what your audience most wants to hear about
Keep in mind that most people will be turned off brands who only try to sell, sell and sell. You need to provide value to your customers, which is why you need to find unique ways to reach out to them. Consider the following:
- Ask your prospects what they want to hear most about. For example, if you sell cars, do your customers just want to hear about what you have in stock? Or can you provide value by giving them tips on what to look for. The latter will help them learn something valuable and they may end up buying from you – even though you didn’t try to sell.
- Identify topics of most interest to your specific audience. What will appeal to them most? Hints, tips, ebooks and other resources tend to work well for people searching for general information about products and services related to your business.
- Create different types of resources that will help you reach your prospects in different ways – without compromising on the value component of what you’re offering.
If you don’t know what your audience wants to hear about, simply ask. Take out an opinion poll or just call them up and find out what kind of content will help you add more value to their needs.
Use Videos and Infographics to explain concepts in detail
It’s important for businesses to understand that online visitors today have low attention spans. They simply won’t go through an entire page of long-drawn concepts and ideas so you’re wasting your time if that’s your approach. Instead, consider the following:
- Explain detailed concepts through videos – you can condense a lot of information into shorter videos in comparison to plain text. Videos are also easy to share on your website and social pages, which can increase user engagement with your brand, and boost your SEO rankings in the process.
- Use infographics to break up content – infographics are another good way to explain detailed concepts easily because they break up content nicely into different sections and are far more attractive to the visual eye. This makes it easier for people to remember them.
- Use videos and infographics for social channels – videos and infographics help you take advantage of different social channels like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter more easily. You will not only be able to educate your prospects, but you can also help to solve pain points in an easy and light-hearted manner.
To make your videos and infographics most effective, make sure they are short and to the point.
Write for your readers, not for search engines
Previously many brands wrote more for search engines to improve their SEO rankings. That’s why you may have noticed content full of stuffed keywords in the past. Google and other search engines have now gotten smarter. Consider the following:
- Search engines now identify content where keywords have been inorganically stuffed purely for SEO rankings – these pages will get penalised today.
- Make sure any content you write is high in value and flows organically for a reader – the content needs to be valuable to the reader and not the search engine.
- Write in a conversational manner – in the same way you would speak to someone. This means less keyword stuffing and more personalised writing.
- Use actionable insights and proven data to show your readers something new and unique.
When you write for your readers, you’ll improve user engagement and lengthen the time they spend on your pages, which will ultimately push up your SEO rankings in search engines.
Your website needs to be almost like your online shopfront today, so make sure you set up a strong content plan to help you bring in more leads and convert more sales.